How can I boot WES7 quickly,so fast as IPad RRS feed

• Question

• Hi erverybody,I found the WES7 will boot within 6 seconds by using EWF HORM.But there are some memory weak points with EWF,such as can't copy big files.So I have to abandon EWF feature.Who can tell me some skills of WES7 startup quickly.How much is the shortest time about WES7 built with the Application Compatibility template?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:37 AM

Answers

• With EWF - You need to separate your OS image from writable volumes. Why are you copying files to a protected volume ?

Without EWF/HORM - Did you try regular hibernate/resume ? If you can get 6 seconds with HORM , my guess is that standard resume is fairly close

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by WESfan Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:14 AM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:57 PM

All replies

• With EWF - You need to separate your OS image from writable volumes. Why are you copying files to a protected volume ?

Without EWF/HORM - Did you try regular hibernate/resume ? If you can get 6 seconds with HORM , my guess is that standard resume is fairly close

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by WESfan Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:14 AM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Thank you very much.:)
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:13 AM
  • How much boot time were you able to achieve ? Did you end up using HORM ?
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:16 AM
  • The regular hibernate/resume time of my desktop computer is 6 seconds,while the time of my notebook is 15 seconds.I tried to use superfetch but the effect is not obvious.

I have to end up using HORM as it is not fit for users who will install some softwares on the device as they like.I think HORM is only available for those industry devices which will keep the status.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:36 PM
  • I only want to mention a quotation from anyone from a video tutorial:

"More Ram will take more Time."

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Of course, you need more RAM to run the application... :)

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:00 PM
  • As the limitation  of budget the total memory size is 2GB,so I have to find some soft skills to optimize the WES7 system but not by improving the hardware configuration. :-)
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:56 AM