Windows Mobile Browser & RedirectToLogOn RRS feed

Answers

• We have an internal bug tracking the issue-- it does appear like it may be a bug either with the HealthVault login UI or the Live ID UI in some manner.  We'll work to identify the cause and fix it in an upcoming release.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:48 PM

All replies

• Here's some more info.  I have the same problem with the HelloWorld sample.  After entering an email address and clicking Continue, the Windows Mobile IE is redirected to the login.live.com.  After logging in, the browser is continuously redirected between login.live.com and account.healthvault-ppe.com in an endless loop.

Monday, April 27, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Tim,

I've shared this with some other folks on our team here, and you should get a reply here with more information soon.

I think it's possible this is because IE Mobile isn't a fully supported browser for the HealthVault UI, but I may be wrong.  IE 6 is, but IE 6 Mobile may not be.

From the Getting Started guide (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/bb802509.aspx#_Browser_Support):

Supported Browsers

The HealthVault web site is fully supported by the following browsers:

• Internet Explorer 7
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Firefox 3.0
    • Firefox 2.0

HealthVault is has limited support for the following browsers (that is, data is displayed differently, but full functionality is still supported):

• Safari for Windows
    • Safari for Macintosh
    Monday, April 27, 2009 8:45 PM
  • Quick question from our engineering team-- does this behavior reproduce in a clean state (i.e. when cookies are deleted, browser cache is cleared, etc)?

Have you tried from a Windows Mobile 6 IE browser directly, and not from the device emulator?  Just wondering if the behavior differs at all.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Yes, this behavior does occur in a clean state on a Window Mobile 6 virtual device.  However, I just noticed that after being redirected back and forth between the 2 sites for about a minute, it stops on login.live.com prompting me to sign in.  Signing in again causes the same behavior to repeat.

I do not have access to a physical Windows Mobile 6 device and therefore I haven't tried it.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:32 PM
  • We have an internal bug tracking the issue-- it does appear like it may be a bug either with the HealthVault login UI or the Live ID UI in some manner.  We'll work to identify the cause and fix it in an upcoming release.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Thank you.  I need to close out this bug in our tracker as soon as it's fixed.  Will you be following up on this thread when the bug fix is released?  If not, what should I watch for when this bug fix is released or should I keep testing the bug regularly?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:36 PM
  • As this isn't one of our top-supported browsers, I can't commit to replying back here when the bug is resolved.  I know this isn't the best answer, but you may need to check occasionally at your end to see if the issue has been resolved.  We usually release every month or two, and when we release there will be release notes published and other announcements.  Check for those, and retest at those times.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:42 PM