Intermittent error while downloading blobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In my web app running on Azure, I seem to be getting these errors in the windows event logs roughly once 10 minutes while the site is under heavy load

The server encountered an unknown failure: The operation has timed out
    Stack Trace:
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.RequestWithRetry.RequestWithRetrySyncImpl[TResult](ShouldRetry retryOracle, SynchronousTask`1 syncTask)
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudBlob.DownloadByteArray(BlobRequestOptions options)
    :

But its not all the time, just every now and then, I really dont know how to diagnose it or even find out why this could be occurring.

Can I provide you with some sample code? What would you need to see? Unfortunately, this app is under NDA so I cannot talk about specifics or give to much away.

Any help here is greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Mark

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It is difficult to say where the issue is. Please try to remove some code to create a minimum repro, which does not contain any confidential data, and then upload it to SkyDrive. From my experience, this can also be caused by environment issues, such as network interruptions.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

Sunday, April 1, 2012 5:38 PM
  • When you say network interruptions, do you mean on the Azure server side? How would I identify this?
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 11:26 PM
  • Hi,

I mean that is just one of the potential causes. 

I would like to know what your retry policy is, if you wait for a few seconds and retry the request, does it work fine? If it works fine, then you can ignore those errors, as it is expected that sometimes a request will fail. But if the issue does not go away, you can contact our customer support on https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=14928&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn to see if it is a storage service related issue.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:18 AM
    Monday, April 2, 2012 3:34 AM