Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I run a program in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise, after build process it get stopped at that point and if I click anywhere in any place, it shows a popup and ask to continue waiting or switch to other. Please Help.........
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi uniqueafrid,

>> Whenever I run a program in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise

What is your program type, windows form, asp.net or others?

To make sure whether it is related to your visual studio, I suggest you could create a new project to test this issue.

If there is no issue when build progress of the new project, I doubt that it is related to your specific program, please check whether your program is very large.

It there is the same issue for this new project, I doubt that it is related to your visual studio, please take the following steps to see if it helps:

(1) Go to Control Panel to repair your visual studio.

(2) Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE), and run the following commands:

a.devenv.exe /resetsettings, it will restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file.
    b.devenv.exe /resetuserdata, it will take a couple of minutes to run as Visual Studio cleans up and sets itself back to its original state. You may open Task Manager at this point to check whether the devenv.exe process is still running. After it has completed running, you can restart Visual Studio.
    c.devenv.exe /safemode, this can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems. Thus ensuring stable execution.
    d.devenv.exe /resetskippkgs, it will clear all SkipLoading tags that have been added to VSPackages by users who want to avoid loading problem VSPackages.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jiayi Li Friday, October 16, 2015 8:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jiayi Li Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:47 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please share what popup you are getting? and also please check in event viewer if any error logged there.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hi uniqueafrid,

>> Whenever I run a program in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise

What is your program type, windows form, asp.net or others?

To make sure whether it is related to your visual studio, I suggest you could create a new project to test this issue.

If there is no issue when build progress of the new project, I doubt that it is related to your specific program, please check whether your program is very large.

It there is the same issue for this new project, I doubt that it is related to your visual studio, please take the following steps to see if it helps:

(1) Go to Control Panel to repair your visual studio.

(2) Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE), and run the following commands:

a.devenv.exe /resetsettings, it will restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file.
    b.devenv.exe /resetuserdata, it will take a couple of minutes to run as Visual Studio cleans up and sets itself back to its original state. You may open Task Manager at this point to check whether the devenv.exe process is still running. After it has completed running, you can restart Visual Studio.
    c.devenv.exe /safemode, this can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems. Thus ensuring stable execution.
    d.devenv.exe /resetskippkgs, it will clear all SkipLoading tags that have been added to VSPackages by users who want to avoid loading problem VSPackages.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jiayi Li Friday, October 16, 2015 8:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jiayi Li Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:47 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 6:10 AM