none
New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential The resource '<AdlsName>' does not exist.

Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to create new credentials for using external source for my ADLA, this is the command (Everything between <> is replace):

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential -AccountName "<AdlaAccountName>" `
    >>                   -DatabaseName "<AdlsName>" `
    >>                   -CredentialName "sqlDbCred" `
    >>                   -Credential (Get-Credential) `
    >>                   -DatabaseHost "<SqlServerName>.database.windows.net" -Port <SqlServerPort>

After I execute the command a popup appear to fill credentials, I write the SqlServer login and password, and then I get this error message:

The resource '<AdlsName>' does not exist.

I'm sure 100% I spell the connected ADLS correctly,

What can cause the command to not recognize the resource and how can I fix it?

Dor

PS

I executed the following command to make sure I'm using the correct resouce name:

Get-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsDataSource -Account "<AdlaAccountName>"

And i get the following result:

DataLakeStore <AdlsName>      True

• Edited by Dor Meiri Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:55 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Dor Meiri,

The document is quite confusing, but after some research I’m able to create Azure Data Lake Analytics catalog credentials as follows:

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential -AccountName "Datalake_analytics_catalog_name" -DatabaseName "Datalake_analytics_Database_Name" -CredentialName "NewCredentialNameYouGive" -Credential (Get-Credential) -DatabaseHost "ADLS_FolderProperties" -Port “8080”;

Please check out the below screenshot to find the values to pass:

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential -AccountName "chepra" -DatabaseName "master" -CredentialName "chepra" -Credential (Get-Credential) -DatabaseHost "chepraadls.azuredatalakestore.net" -Port "8080"

Successfully created Azure Data Lake Analytics catalog credentials.

Hope this helps.

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Dor Meiri,

The document is quite confusing, but after some research I’m able to create Azure Data Lake Analytics catalog credentials as follows:

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential -AccountName "Datalake_analytics_catalog_name" -DatabaseName "Datalake_analytics_Database_Name" -CredentialName "NewCredentialNameYouGive" -Credential (Get-Credential) -DatabaseHost "ADLS_FolderProperties" -Port “8080”;

Please check out the below screenshot to find the values to pass:

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogCredential -AccountName "chepra" -DatabaseName "master" -CredentialName "chepra" -Credential (Get-Credential) -DatabaseHost "chepraadls.azuredatalakestore.net" -Port "8080"

Successfully created Azure Data Lake Analytics catalog credentials.

Hope this helps.

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:43 AM
  • It is worked, thank you very much!

Dor Meiri

Monday, March 11, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi Dor Meiri,

Glad to know that your issue has resolved. 
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:16 AM