Monitoring Report Server performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have to do performance analysis of SSRS 2008 on a dedicated server. I have a list of SSRS 2008 web service performance counters which is given at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159650.aspx. Though, I am not very clear with the explanation given against each of these counters. It is very elementry.

1. Can someone please explain these counters in more details or atleast tell me if these counters are actually useful or not when I am not caching the reports.
    2. Moreover,  with these SSRS counters I will also need to monitor the server counters (like CPU utilization, Available memory etc.) while executing the reports. This I can do without issues. Do I need to consider any other counters?
    3. For SSRS 2008, do I need to monitor ASP.Net counters as well? I think I should not because there is no role of IIS now in SSRS 2008.

Regards.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. I think the descriptions of the table are enough.

2. I think the counters for cpu untilization, available memory are basic for monitor any application process performance.

3. You need to monitor ASP.net counters because Report Manager uses ASP.NET performance counters.

thanks,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, September 27, 2010 1:00 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:53 AM