none
Embedding Office Word in ASP.NET application RRS feed

• Question

• I working on an ASP.NET application for lawyers who need to open, edit, compare, redline documents and we need them to do in from within our application.  We store all of the documents in a version repository we host on Azure BLOB storage but I cannot figure out how to open Word within a browser.  I have looked at the Microsoft Graph and that doesn't look like the correct solution.  The best fit was this program:  https://dev.office.com/programs/officecloudstorage  Office Cloud Storage Partner Program, but I'm not sure we qualify as a storage partner.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Monday, March 5, 2018 8:18 PM

All replies

• It is not clear what you are asking. I am not sure if you are trying to open Word documents in the server but probably not. I am not sure however what you mean by open in a browser. Note that it is possible to open a document in OneDrive. That might be too limited for your requirements but you are very general about your requirements. Perhaps you just want to open Word from within a browser. Also, I don't know much about SharePoint but it might be useful.

So I probably can't help except to say you are more likely to get the best answer if you clarify things. At least explain why OneDrive and SharePoint don't satisfy requirements.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:34 PM
  • Let's say we display a list of word docs in a grid.  I would offer them a button to click:  "EDIT" which would then open MS Word 365 in a new browser tab so they can modify the file.  Then when they save it, it returns it to my webapi application and we store the file in the Azure Blob Storage.

Does that help?

• Edited by Brandon ICT Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:07 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:04 PM