none
Writing Datas over Xml into an active PowerPoint pptx presentation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with Xml and pptx. I have a GUI ansd a datagrid with datas. Now I like to write in an active presentation that datas over Xml to that slide.

Often hearded that is not possible, but I have seen it in a tool which make an agenda for a presentation. In that agenda GUI you insert rows with datas and then if you confirm it creates slides in an acticve presentation with that data in 2-2.5 sec. Works fine, big question is how??

Programm is written in C#

Can anyone help me?

Greetings

SK

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I have a problem with Xml and pptx. I have a GUI ansd a datagrid with datas. Now I like to write in an active presentation that datas over Xml to that slide.

Often hearded that is not possible, but I have seen it in a tool which make an agenda for a presentation. In that agenda GUI you insert rows with datas and then if you confirm it creates slides in an acticve presentation with that data in 2-2.5 sec. Works fine, big question is how??

Programm is written in C#

Can anyone help me?

Greetings

SK

Friday, June 19, 2015 1:46 PM
  • Hi SK

No idea "how", but certainly NOT using the Open XML SDK or by writing PowerPoint Open XML into an open slide show.

Of the three core Office applications, only Word can write Open XML into an open Word document. PowerPoint and Excel cannot. No equivocations, ifs, ands or buts.

Possibly, what you're seeing is done using the "interop"? Then better to ask in the forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?forum=officegeneral

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:35 PM