Circular type reference in SendPort RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to pump some production data to our QA system by adding a new send port to the production system.  It's giving me this run time error:

There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLTransmit, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "XML assembler" Send Port: "Send_FOR_QA_AA_FuelSlip_EventID_is_FuelSlip" URI: "\\myQAServer\d$\FileDrop\AA\Receive_FLEVENTS_Raw_FILE\%MessageID%.xml" Reason: Circular type reference.

myQAServer is a different server name than the BizTalk that I'm running on (let's call it myProdServer).  There are no Receive Locations on myProdServer pointing to myQAServer.

I googled for the error, but all of the hits were on "anonymous types".
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Neal Walters

Monday, August 20, 2012 1:33 PM

Answers

• Neal,

Can you try to use the PassThru pipeline on this send port instead of XMLTransmit and share the results.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:04 AM
  • I created it manually.

Using Pass-Thru seemed to solve the issue.  So what does this mean?  Did I always have a circular reference, and one doesn't find it until one does an XML Send Port?  That doesn't sound logical.  Seems like a circular reference would be found in a compile?

Neal

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:23 PM

All replies

• Neal<o:p></o:p>

Can you check if the schema for this message type has included/imported other schema? Sometimes this could cause such error e.g. if the included schema has an include element to the including schema.<o:p></o:p>

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Rohit,

Interesting idea.  I thought this message was related to a circular reference of a Receive/Send port "loop".  However, I have another send port that logs the same message to disk on Prod server.  I just want to make a second copy of it for the QA server, so we can keep the QA in sync.

I tried taking out the filter on BTS.MessageType and just filtering on the ReceivePortName, and same issue.

Neal

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Neal,

Can you try to use the PassThru pipeline on this send port instead of XMLTransmit and share the results.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:04 AM
  • Neal, how did you add a new port? Manually of by a binding file? Try to do it manually. Sometimes the broken binding file could create similar effect. 

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalkien: Advanced Questions

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:10 AM
  • I created it manually.

Using Pass-Thru seemed to solve the issue.  So what does this mean?  Did I always have a circular reference, and one doesn't find it until one does an XML Send Port?  That doesn't sound logical.  Seems like a circular reference would be found in a compile?

Neal

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:23 PM
  • May be because you don't use ports when you compile. It happens at run time only.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:26 PM
  • I created it manually.

Neal

Neal,<o:p></o:p>

As this issue is being faced when using the XMLTransmit my next step would be to verify if there is any schema is being imported included as I suggested before can you verify that at your end.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:59 AM