Unpublished items are detected on the page. View the full report in a new window RRS feed

• Question

•  I have created a master page and in that master page i have added few images. That master page is being used in couple of pages. When I seethe view in browser at that time the page shows me everyting perfect but when i submit that perticular page for approval at that time it shows me an alert message "Unpublished items are detected on the page. View the full report in a new window."

when i click on the "full report" link it shows me the list of images which are not published. the person who has the approval rights he is also not able to see those images.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

This problem is possibly caused by authentication mode.  Please try to access the SharePoint Site using NTLM authentication URL.

Then act as follows:

1.     Click on site actions >> Show page edit tool bar

2.     On the Page Edit Tool Bar >> Clicked on Tools >> Check for unpublished items

3.     It showed that the images on the home page are not published

4.     Publish a major version of the images and then approve them

5.     Checked the "Full report" on unpublished pages
    a) Go to home page
    b) Click on site actions >> Show page edit tool bar
    c) On the Page Edit Tool Bar >> click on "View the Full Report in a new window"

6.     The report showed several pages and images which are unpublished

7.     Approved all those pages and images

Note: make sure the user has enough permission right on site, list and list items.

Hope it can help you.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, September 8, 2008 9:58 AM
  • Also make sure that someone else does not have the images checked out. If a different user has them checked out, then you will not be able to see them and neither will the person with the approval rights.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

This problem is possibly caused by authentication mode.  Please try to access the SharePoint Site using NTLM authentication URL.

Then act as follows:

1.     Click on site actions >> Show page edit tool bar

2.     On the Page Edit Tool Bar >> Clicked on Tools >> Check for unpublished items

3.     It showed that the images on the home page are not published

4.     Publish a major version of the images and then approve them

5.     Checked the "Full report" on unpublished pages
    a) Go to home page
    b) Click on site actions >> Show page edit tool bar
    c) On the Page Edit Tool Bar >> click on "View the Full Report in a new window"

6.     The report showed several pages and images which are unpublished

7.     Approved all those pages and images

Note: make sure the user has enough permission right on site, list and list items.

Hope it can help you.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, September 8, 2008 9:58 AM
  • Also make sure that someone else does not have the images checked out. If a different user has them checked out, then you will not be able to see them and neither will the person with the approval rights.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 7:30 PM