none
vs2017 offline files

Question

• here is what I work in my VS2013 (Visual Basic, Visual C++, Sql server)

I want the same workplace in vs2017 as offline file (VB, VC++, SQL)), I heard that there is a command line vs_community__2145757475.1491282764.exe --layout c:\Test\vs2017offline --lang en-US to download the files but it download all the files up to 23 GB , so if want to download as customised option then what will be the command?

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Rakshithc,

Please have a look at Visual Studio Community 2017 workload and component IDs and then you can use to customize your installation.

For example, if you want to Azure development and .NET desktop development, you should use the command: vs_enterprise.exe --layout X:\vs2017offline --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Azure Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop.

According to your screenshots, I recommend you could use the command like:

vs_community__2145757475.1491282764.exe --layout c:\Test\vs2017offline –add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Azure Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Data Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeMobile Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Universal --lang en-US

Refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rakshithc Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:43 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Rakshithc,

Please have a look at Visual Studio Community 2017 workload and component IDs and then you can use to customize your installation.

For example, if you want to Azure development and .NET desktop development, you should use the command: vs_enterprise.exe --layout X:\vs2017offline --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Azure Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop.

vs_community__2145757475.1491282764.exe --layout c:\Test\vs2017offline –add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Azure Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Data Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeMobile Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Universal --lang en-US

Refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rakshithc Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:43 PM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi Rakshithc,

Best regards,

Joyce

Thank you for your valuable response and great work 

can it downloads vb,vc++and sql to my machine, then ai will check this method 

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the command could download the template for VB,VC++ and SQL, If there is no response when you use the above command, please try the following:

vs_community__2145757475.1491282764.exe --layout c:\Test\vs2017offline -add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Azure --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Data --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeMobile --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Universal --lang en-US

Best regards,

Joyce

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Sir do you know the size of downloading files in GBs?
    Friday, April 28, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Hello sir
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Best regards,

Joyce

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:35 AM
  • The setup goes error..

After installation its messages error log

but also I marked as answer,because it is upto the mark 80%..let me download with every single workload
    • Edited by Rakshithc Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:17 PM change
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:43 PM