Files lose the read only property value after uploading them to storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, when uploading a read only csv file programatically to a storage account from a VM I noticed it loses the read only value, I also made a test uploading a read only text file directly from the portal, then downloading it, and the file is not marked as read only, so, is this an issue or is just not possible to preserve this property in Azure?

Thanks,

Carlos Felipe Cubillos

Monday, August 21, 2017 5:21 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you are uploading the contents of a file as a blob. If so, the attributes of the file would not apply to the destination blob. You are free to set metadata on the blob corresponding to file attributes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you and vote it as helpful, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:25 AM
  • I am using a storage account and then files (file service, not blob).
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Attributes are preserved when copying to a mounted fileshare using the SMB protocol. The portal uses REST to upload, so the attributes are not preserved. You will need to mount the share and copy the files over that way in order to preserve attributes.

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:50 PM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:43 PM