Remote Desktop App Broken

Question

• I changed the path of remote desktop connection in the start menu so I could use a shortcut to access it. Now the app in metro doesn't work. Could someone give me the path in the start menu so I can get it working again? The shortcut is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories.

Thanks

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:38 AM

Answers

• Yes, I totally moved the shortcut out of the start menu and changed the paths. So I could Use a desktop Icon to launch remote desktop. I need the icon back in the start menu with the correct path to use metro Remote Desktop. I remember the original path did not link to MSTSC.EXE.

Can someone just open their working shortcut in the start menu and give me the shortcut details?

Edit: I just ended up reinstalling windows. you can really screw up the ui if you make changes to your computer when  metro disabled.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan,

Can you clarify what actions that were taken and what you are looking for? The path to the Remote Desktop Connection shortcut? or to an exe?

Thanks,

Bobby

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:58 AM
    Answerer
  • I changed the path of remote desktop connection in the start menu so I could use a shortcut to access it. Now the app in metro doesn't work. Could someone give me the path in the start menu so I can get it working again? The shortcut is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories.

Thanks

Odd...my shortcut in the startmenu folder points to "notused" which it deems being invalid (der!). I don't see how that shortcut would have anything to do with the metro app though.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:12 AM
  • I think he has pretty same problem I has. The problem is we don't know what to do to make our shortcut appear in Start's Metro. It seems it does not recognize shortcuts from "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Yes, I totally moved the shortcut out of the start menu and changed the paths. So I could Use a desktop Icon to launch remote desktop. I need the icon back in the start menu with the correct path to use metro Remote Desktop. I remember the original path did not link to MSTSC.EXE.

Can someone just open their working shortcut in the start menu and give me the shortcut details?

Edit: I just ended up reinstalling windows. you can really screw up the ui if you make changes to your computer when  metro disabled.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:23 PM