none
Editing Slide Master RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I have a very perplexing issue. I am trying to edit the text in a specific text box on the Slide Master based on user input from an input box.

From what I gathered in the Selection Pane, the text box's name is Text Box 40. It currently contains the text "Test", and I would like it to say, for example, "Test 1" based on the number or letter the user inputs.

As of right now when I run the macro, the input box pops up and the user can type input, but it just doesn't insert what the user inputs into the Slide Master.

Again, basically I would like whatever the user puts into the input box to be put after "Test" in the Slide Master footer (eg. Test 1 if the user typed a 1 in the input box).

Here is the code I have so far:

Sub edtMastr() 'edit master slide

Dim strNewFoot As String strNewFoot = InputBox(Prompt:="Enter the revision number.", _ Title:="Revision", Default:="0") If strNewFoot = "0" Or _ strNewFoot = vbNullString Then Exit Sub Else If ActivePresentation.HasTitleMaster Then With ActivePresentation.TitleMaster.HeadersFooters .Footer.Text = "Test" & strNewFoot .Footer.Visible = msoTrue End With End If End If End Sub

If you need anymore information, just let me know! Thank you!

• Edited by Turkwise Monday, July 23, 2012 5:07 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Turkwise,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify some options for further research?

1. Your PowerPoint version.
    2. Where your snippet will be sued? An add-in project or VBA program?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:43 AM
  • Hello Tom, thanks for the response.

1. I am using Powerpoint 2010
    2. I'll be writing this into VBA program

Hope that helps. Thanks again!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Hi Turwise,

I think your snippet will works fine. However you will new see the result until you insert a new Title slide into your presentation.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Hi thanks for the feedback.

I tried re-applying the slide master - even a couple different slide masters - and it wouldn't show the user input.

There must be something wrong still?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:03 PM