Error : file not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

i am working on sharepoint server foundation 2010. i have taken a backup of a intranet portal site which is developed on sharepoint server foundation 2010. i want to restore this site on a new blank site. so first i create a blank site in sharepoint server foundation 2010. when i restore the backup file using "stsadm backup" command on the command prompt it show "Opreation completed successfully", But when i refresh the new created blank site it show error like that

Error

File Not Found.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: badda668-f766-4d8f-887d-696d08f7e270

Date and Time: 8/4/2011 11:18:09 AM

i am new in sharepoint so please help me to fix this issue

Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:50 AM

Answers

• hmm first install or copy all the custom control attached with the page or master page to new server so that it will not give you 404 error

and for 401 

When you restore the backup  of different server then it will override all the users with backup users,

For resolving this issue follow below steps

1. Go To Central Admin - > Application Management ->Site Collection Administrator

and remove existing Admin  set your name as Site collection Administrator

Done !!!!

Rahul Sharma -------------------------- Coding is all about passion !!!!!!
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi friends,

i am working on sharepoint server foundation 2010. i have taken a backup of a intranet portal site which is developed on sharepoint server foundation 2010. i want to restore this site on a new blank site. so first i create a blank site in sharepoint server foundation 2010. when i restore the backup file using "stsadm backup" command on the command prompt it show "Opreation completed successfully", But when i refresh the new created blank site it show error like that

Error

File Not Found.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: badda668-f766-4d8f-887d-696d08f7e270

Date and Time: 8/4/2011 11:18:09 AM

i am new in sharepoint so please help me to fix this issue

• Merged by Wayne Fan Friday, August 5, 2011 3:24 AM The same issue
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Go to the logs folder in 14hive and check the error long corresponding to the correlation id 'badda668-f766-4d8f-887d-696d08f7e270' and see which error is coming. 
    A random burst of technology notes Blog: http://rhythmiccoding.blogspot.com
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any custom solutions etc deployed to the original site which is not existent on the new site. Are the sites on different site collections or web apps? If yes, then you would need to deploy the same custom solutions to the other site collection or web app.

Also, what template are using for the original site. Try using the same template to create the new site (instead of blank) before you run the restore.

- Sid
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Hi Sid,

Thanks for ur reply

I added web.config file fron orignal site. Now its not showing "File not found error".

But now when i refresh the site it pop up a  "windows security" window. which ask for login id and password. i gave my login id and password but it show ERROR "401 UNAUTHORIZED". i am the owner of that new site and i have full control then why it giving error i don't know.

One more thing orignal site (backup site) is deployed on another system and i restore it on my system.

help me

Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:23 AM
  • Hi Sid,

Thanks for ur reply

I added web.config file fron orignal site. Now its not showing "File not found error".

But now when i refresh the site it pop up a  "windows security" window. which ask for login id and password. i gave my login id and password but it show ERROR "401 UNAUTHORIZED". i am the owner of that new site and i have full control then why it giving error i don't know.

One more thing orignal site (backup site) is deployed on another system and i restore it on my system.

help me

Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:23 AM
  • hmm first install or copy all the custom control attached with the page or master page to new server so that it will not give you 404 error

and for 401 

When you restore the backup  of different server then it will override all the users with backup users,

For resolving this issue follow below steps

1. Go To Central Admin - > Application Management ->Site Collection Administrator

and remove existing Admin  set your name as Site collection Administrator

Done !!!!

Rahul Sharma -------------------------- Coding is all about passion !!!!!!
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:41 AM