responsive calendar in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User219039814 posted

I need a responsive calendar in the asp.net.

The web desginer is designing in html, but he is unable to give the desired results.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:08 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

vijaylakshmi

So.. by adding *events* such a calendar is not adjustable to mobile viewing??

I'm not sure how you came to this wild assumption.  I'm confident there are responsive event calendars. 

Perhaps you should focus your time on finding a calendar that suits your needs.  That means reading documentation and taking the calendars for a test drive.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:12 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi vijaylakshmi,

As far as I know, if you used the bootstrap calendar, it will work well with mobile.

Like this:

It could also add the event to the calendar by using js.

If you want to use this in asp.net, you could use jquery ajax to ask for data for calendar from code-behind and show the date in the bootstrap calendar.

More details, about how to use bootstrap reaponse calendar, you could refer to below codes:

https://codepen.io/chrisdpratt/pen/OOybam/ 

Best Regards,

Brando

Friday, June 22, 2018 5:07 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I assume you are referring to the ASP Calendar server control?  If so, you are correct the calendar control is not response. 

Simply find a calendar that fits your needs.  Start by doing a Google search for "ASP Responsive Calendar" or "Responsive Calendar".   Here is the hard part.... read the docs.  Then try a few calendars to find one that meets your requirements.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:02 AM
  • User219039814 posted
    Is there a difference between event calendar and responsive calendar
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:30 PM
  • User475983607 posted

Is there a difference between event calendar and responsive calendar

The term "responsive" usually means the app or feature adjusts to different screen sizes, desktop, mobile, tablet, etc. 

An "event" calendar is a feature for adding and removing events through a calendar user interface.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:35 PM
  • User219039814 posted
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:57 PM
  • User475983607 posted

vijaylakshmi

I'm not sure how you came to this wild assumption.  I'm confident there are responsive event calendars. 

Perhaps you should focus your time on finding a calendar that suits your needs.  That means reading documentation and taking the calendars for a test drive.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:12 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi vijaylakshmi,

As far as I know, if you used the bootstrap calendar, it will work well with mobile.

Like this:

It could also add the event to the calendar by using js.

If you want to use this in asp.net, you could use jquery ajax to ask for data for calendar from code-behind and show the date in the bootstrap calendar.

More details, about how to use bootstrap reaponse calendar, you could refer to below codes:

https://codepen.io/chrisdpratt/pen/OOybam/ 

Best Regards,

Brando

Friday, June 22, 2018 5:07 AM