locked
Prism not working with Windows Azure Mobile Services RRS feed

  • Question

  • How do I get Windows Azure Mobile Services working with a Prism Windows 8 Store Application? An exception gets thrown every time.
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:29 AM

Answers

  • You might want to find a prism-specific forum, this forum doesn't have any prism experts on it.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, December 16, 2013 9:50 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 2:55 PM
    Moderator
  • I got some good feedback by posting the problem as an issue on Codeplex Prism web site. They've given me some instructions to give them more detailed information about the exception.
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, December 16, 2013 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

  • There's not enough information to troubleshoot this problem. What's the exception and code?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:43 PM
    Moderator
  • Windows Store applications work fine, its just Prism that throws an exception. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 with .Net 4.51 and Windows 8.1 which I suspect is the problem. The error appears to get thrown in App.xaml.cs by:

    public static MobileServiceClient MobileService = new MobileServiceClient(
                        "https://pathfinder.azure-mobile.net/",
    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"    );

    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:04 PM
  • You might want to find a prism-specific forum, this forum doesn't have any prism experts on it.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, December 16, 2013 9:50 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 2:55 PM
    Moderator
  • Exception seems to be thrown from the MobileServiceClient constructor--not sure what a "Prism expert" would be able help with...

    <href a="http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog">http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog</a

    Monday, December 9, 2013 5:54 PM
  • I got some good feedback by posting the problem as an issue on Codeplex Prism web site. They've given me some instructions to give them more detailed information about the exception.
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, December 16, 2013 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:32 PM