Calendar - Add to Table RRS feed

• Question

• User-1094981702 posted

Dear All,

May I ask your knowledge regarding the following: VB.net

I have a datefrom and dateto calendar then a button

Table:  CutoffID, CutoffName, DateFrom, DateTo, Status, ModifiedStatus, DaysLate, DateCreated, CreatedBy

I can I do the following:

CutoffName: Get data from Datefrom and Date to: ex August 1, 2010 - August 15, 2010 : how can I add two strings

DateFrom: data from the calendar DateFrom

DateTo: data from the calendar DateTo

Status: I will have two status Saved and Unsaved.  Once click button it will be Unsaved - then on next page once submit it will be saved (Add employee schedule per shift - next page)

ModifiedStatus: 100% if not modified if saved.  If there's a modification on next - will get cutoffid link to another table

DaysLate: number of day from days from

DateCreated: date I click the button to add

Createdby: username login

'_______________

May I also ask if how can I increment a day on my array.  Ex if i have Aug 1-15 cut-off.  My loop will be if not august 15 add 1 day to August 1 then until condition is met (will be used for the next page)

Hoping for your knowledge or link to an example.  Thank you very much.

Friday, July 30, 2010 5:54 AM

All replies

• User1006193418 posted

I can I do the following:

CutoffName: Get data from Datefrom and Date to: ex August 1, 2010 - August 15, 2010 : how can I add two strings

DateFrom: data from the calendar DateFrom

DateTo: data from the calendar DateTo

Status: I will have two status Saved and Unsaved.  Once click button it will be Unsaved - then on next page once submit it will be saved (Add employee schedule per shift - next page)

ModifiedStatus: 100% if not modified if saved.  If there's a modification on next - will get cutoffid link to another table

DaysLate: number of day from days from

DateCreated: date I click the button to add

Createdby: username login

Hi,

Could you please explain a bit more what you are going to achieve? From what you said, I am not sure the requirement you are after.

And also, is this task based on a winform application or a web site? If it is a winform application, I suggest you may go to MSDN forum for some more professional help on Visual Basic .NET. Here is the link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads.

Best Regards,
    Shengqing Yang

Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:27 AM
  • User-1094981702 posted

Thanks for your reply.  I will use it for web base asp.net vb.net.

From my first query,

1. How will I concatenate two strings from the value of calendar fromcalendaer and tocalendar like this format

ex. August 1 - August 15    - "datefromvalue + '-' + datetovalue"   .. Then add it to my table "cutoffname"

2. How can I get the team and username of the current user login... Then add it to my table to "team" and "createdby"

Or can you refer me to any topic regarding this or adding data to table.  Thank you very much again

Thursday, August 5, 2010 10:06 PM