Strange Compile Error After Unified Update RRS feed

• Question

• User86465 posted

I updated my Xamarin Forms project to 1.3.1 yesterday via NuGet. After the update (and the update to Xamarin Studio on OS X), I ran the migration utility in Studio to convert my iOS project to the Unified API. I modified the App class in my Forms (PCL) project and made the necessary adjustments to the AppDelegate class:

`
    using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Diagnostics; using System.Linq;

using Foundation;
        using UIKit;

using Xamarin.Forms;

namespace HeraMobile.iOS
        {
            [Register (\"AppDelegate\")]
            public partial class AppDelegate : Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.FormsApplicationDelegate
            {
                public override bool FinishedLaunching (UIApplication app, NSDictionary options)
                {
                    Forms.Init ();
                    Xamarin.FormsMaps.Init ();

LoadApplication (new App ());

return true;
                }
            }
        }

` When I compile I get two errors in the AppDelegate class that make no sense to me. They are:

/Users/todd/projects/xamarin/HeraMobile/iOS/AppDelegate.cs(45,45): Error CS0234: The type or namespace namePlatform' does not exist in the namespace Xamarin.Forms'. Are you missing an assembly reference? (CS0234) (HeraMobile.iOS)

And

/Users/todd/projects/xamarin/HeraMobile/iOS/AppDelegate.cs(24,24): Error CS0115:HeraMobile.iOS.AppDelegate.FinishedLaunching(UIKit.UIApplication, Foundation.NSDictionary)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override (CS0115) (HeraMobile.iOS)`

I thought I removed all references to the classic API but I clearly didn't? Anyone else seeing an error like this?

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:50 AM

All replies

• User11072 posted

What you are missing is the platform specific iOS dll. I'd try removing the Forms NuGet package, deleting the old one from the packages directory and reading the package.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:02 PM
  • User86465 posted

Thanks @KevinFord? that seemed to work. I ended up removing all references to Xamarin Forms (and associated dependencies) then re-added everything. It compiles and deploys to an iOS device now.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:55 PM
  • User11072 posted

Woot! :)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:57 PM