none
Word 2010 ADD-IN - Translating error codes of format 0x800A RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Does anyone know of any tool or piece of code that would help in translating any errors that may occur in a COM-ADD when you only get an error code.  Occasionally if an issue occurs- we are returned an error code and not much more i.e. Exception HRESULT 0x800A1898

Its well documented that 0x800A means COM Add-in, but I cant seem to find anything that would allow me to work out what the rest of the numbers mean to help in assisting find a solution to the problem that occurred.

It would be good to plumb the above code into a tool or have an extra line of code or two where you could work out what the error is.

Can anyone help?

Anna

Anna

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anna,

Thank you for posting.

Please see whether this thread can help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4621541/translate-com-error-codes-in-c-sharp

The expert gave us the way to get the error message of the error code. The code snippet written in C#, hope this can help you and just feel free to follow up after you have tried.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by AnnaMossity Friday, March 9, 2012 2:11 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:56 AM
  • It would be nice if Microsoft would organise themselves. It wouldn't take someone so long to list Office COM error codes (hexadecimal) with their meaning (text) on MSDN, not considering how long it must have taken to develop the (overall rather good) Office object model.

• Edited by JosephFox Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:27 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:24 PM