none
Visual studio android emulator options

Question

• I know you can launch the (standard) Android emulator from a command line with various command line options (like --serial COM1 etc.).

Is it possible to do the same with the Visual Studio Android Emulator?

Ideally I would like to launch it from the VS IDE but with these options.

I assume somewhere there may be a configuration file generated when you create a custom VS Emulator for Android instance?

Dave

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is more relates to the Xamarin. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.xamarin.com/ and start a new thread for your issue. You will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:08 AM