Importing Sktechflow into Design RRS feed

• Question

• New to Expression products. The marketing for Expression 3 says that you can create a sktechflow and reuse it in design.

However, when I try to open a saved sketchflow in Expression Design, the tool can see that project. I can open in Expression Blend but it doesn't appear to allow me to save in another format or export to Design.

Is there another way to do this? The alternative is to go into Design and start from scratch.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:45 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you can't import Sketchflow into Design. At this point in time we can't import Blend objects of any kind into Design. Unlike the other Expression products, Design wasn't built from the ground up. It is a spin-off from a previous program called Creature House Expression 3.

Annie
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:57 PM

All replies

• Wow! No response. From what I've read on this forum about productionalizing, I'm guessing that what I inferred as possible from Microsoft marketing materials is actually vaporware for version 3.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:11 AM
  • I haven't used Design much, other than following some of the tutorials.  I don't see how, or why you would go from SketchFlow to Design.  Isn't Design mainly a tool for creating vector graphics?  SketchFlow is meant for rapid prototyping of GUIs, and I don't see why one would take anything from SF and go to Design -- I would expect the other way around.

Hopefully someone else can chime in...
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Unfortunately, you can't import Sketchflow into Design. At this point in time we can't import Blend objects of any kind into Design. Unlike the other Expression products, Design wasn't built from the ground up. It is a spin-off from a previous program called Creature House Expression 3.

Annie
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Thanks. We are continuing by using Expression Blend (sans SketchFlow) not Design. That appears to be the right route.
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:35 AM