none
Akamai -- Q: how do I get it to 'wake up' when I start a GB-size download?! RRS feed

• Question

• please,

all i am trying to do for three weeks is DL the stuff that is part of BIZSPARK...

the so-called direct downloads break off at the least excuse, and after nine or eleven re-tries I get the message... 

they (MS) want me to utilize Akamai

the problem is i can find online help for it but no page where it lives and from where i can DL it . . . . yeah, that's I am stuck: unable to download the download utility 

please, small words, lots of screen shots and i promise to name my second-born after you

and if you think i am the only one, ask around the NYC BIZ'ers . . . most of them have given up, and are trading around one copy (and that single associated EULA/code) since someone had a rate fast enough to try fifty or seventy attempt to get stuff before hiccups

please advise

THX

howard_nyc yahoo com

Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:03 AM

Answers

• Howard, what browser are you using to download?  Internet Explorer?  Chrome? Firefox?

If you are using Internet Explorer, you should get prompted for the right download manager for you to use (depending on which file you choose, you'll either get the Microsoft FTM or the Akamai DLM).

Let me know

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:13 PM