Want to be an infrastructure architect! RRS feed

• Question

• After 20 years of building hardware, Operating systems, network and security with focus on Microsoft products, I want to be an infrastructure with grwoing silver hair.  In sevral forums, we see more of software archtects taling.  Where are you, infrastructure architects? 

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:37 PM

Answers

•  

I think you will often find that Infrastructure Architects tend to lurk in Solution Architect forums. We are always watching for what is new, and what is coming.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:59 PM

All replies

• Infrastructure architects are probably hanging out at Technet forums.  My guess, Architecture is common, this forums has grown affinity towards application and enterprise architecture...

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:50 PM
  •  

I think you will often find that Infrastructure Architects tend to lurk in Solution Architect forums. We are always watching for what is new, and what is coming.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:59 PM
  • This is my observaton too.  Infrastructure plays an improtant role too to cover hardware, firmware, OS, layered producst and even applications like SQL or IIS in enterprise data center .  Infrastructure architects should be emphasized enough to voice the role, responsibility and disciplines.  It shoulde be separated from solution or software architectures and has its own platform.  I found the intereste is low but workload is heavy.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:45 PM