Users complaining about unable to install UWP app RRS feed

• Question

• I recently published an update to my UWP Desktop bridge app. (This app has been in the store for almost a year now) It passed certification fine, I was able to install the test appxupload without any issues, but now that it's published in the store, it seems to have issues installing on users computers. Many people are already complaining in reviews and I tested on a machine and keep getting the error "Could not install, we'll retry shortly". What could be the cause of this? 
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Answers

• It seems that republishing the app solved the issue. I looked up the error code and possibly there was an issue with the certificate not being signed by the app reviewer before it was released?
    • Marked as answer by Alienator Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:35 PM
    • Edited by Alienator Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:36 PM
    Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi akc250,

Does this error have the corresponding error code?You could click the Error details above the download progress bar in the Store.Please show us more details about your error.

Could you turn on the Windows update service to try again? You can find it by clicking 'This PC'/Manage/Services and Applications/Services/Windows update(at the bottom of the list).

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 7, 2018 6:09 AM
  • I waited and let it attempt to install and was able to get the error code:  0x800B0100, "Something unexpected happened". 

I feel like maybe the file got corrupted in the publishing phase? I have re-published the app, but it doesn't seem like this will be resolved quickly due to the slow certification process and I want to make sure I take all necessary steps possible to prevent this error from occurring again.
    Friday, September 7, 2018 2:58 PM
  • It seems that republishing the app solved the issue. I looked up the error code and possibly there was an issue with the certificate not being signed by the app reviewer before it was released?
    • Marked as answer by Alienator Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:35 PM
    • Edited by Alienator Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:36 PM
    Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:35 PM