Field not importing correctly into Project RRS feed

• Question

• I have create a start and finish date field for a workitem template we are using. These field (from what I can see) is exactly the same the start and end date fields in the standard Task item from TFS. The problem I'm having is that when I import the tasks into project, the values of the fields aren't imported into project. When I assign a value to the field in project and then publish to TFS and open the work item in TFS, the values entered in project is correctly reflected.

When I import a normal TFS task, it does work.

Any ideas or tips why this might not be working?

Thanks

Marais
    Friday, October 10, 2008 9:59 AM

Answers

• Solved the problem.

I had to download the Mappings Template for projct. For the Specific mapping (Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StartDate), I had to set the Attribute "PublishOnly" to false.

Hope this helps someone.
    • Marked as answer by Marais van Zyl Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You using Excel to import the values into TFS?

Let me see if I understand the problem:

You have created two new date fields and you trying to enter Dates from Excel and when you publish those tasks you can't see this date in Team System?
    When you export work items from Team System to Excel you can see those fields values in Excel?

Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:14 PM
  • I'm referring here to importing the tasks into MS Project.

When I import the task into MS Project the values of the Start Date and Finish Date fields does get imported, but when I publish from MS Project it works.

I have tried it in Excel, will give it a shot.
    Monday, October 13, 2008 8:20 AM
  • Solved the problem.

I had to download the Mappings Template for projct. For the Specific mapping (Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StartDate), I had to set the Attribute "PublishOnly" to false.

Hope this helps someone.
    • Marked as answer by Marais van Zyl Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:55 AM