none
Oauth connection for office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I'am working on office 365 application, in that i want to redirect to office 365 from my asp.net webpage when click on button what ever, and when ever user give office 365 credentials in office 365 it should check the credentials, if it is correct it should redirect again to my webpage.

please any one help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Priyanka

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Priyanka,

Office 365 uses Azure AD for authentication. For your requirement, you need to register your app with Azure AD to access Office 365 API service.

The Authentication flow is:

1. The user visits your web app, which requires information from Office 356. Your app redirects them to the Azure AD authentication endpoint.
    2. The user authenticates and grants consent, if the application is configured with restricted access rights. Azure AD issues an authorization code. Authorization codes are used to request access codes for specific resources.
    3. ….

More information, please refer to:

# Understanding authentication with Office 365 APIs

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-app-authentication-tasks?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:02 AM
  • Hi sir,

Sir can you please provide me the any reference or code for oauth authuntication from asp.net website not from asp.net mvc to oofice 365.

Thankyou,

Priyanka

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi Priyanka,

As far as I know, the code are similar. ASP.NET MVC is a web application too, you could base on sample code to achieve that in your web form application. The simple way to register app is add connected service.

There is an article about Office 365 API code sample that can help you.

# Office 365 API code samples and videos

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/starter-projects-and-code-samples?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:28 AM