SSPI (authentication) exchange loop with LDAP calls and LDAP server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our application (client and servers) running in Windows Active Directory Domain Services environment currently uses SSPI exchange loop (as described at SSPI_client & sspi_server) for authenticating the client with the server and to avoid entering username, password at logon time (i.e. by using the logged in user's credentials for authentication).

We need to provide our server on non-Windows platforms which has the non-Windows directory services.

To make our client-server authentication work the similar way as it is working currently - i.e. to use the logged in user's credentials, what APIs should be used?

Since the Windows based SSPI_client and SSPI_server use the Windows calls, those will not work on other non-Windows OS (like Linux, Unix etc.).

In such scenario, how can we authenticate the client process running on Windows with the server process running on non-Windows OS?

Can the use LDAP or do we've equivalent calls for SSPI functions on other OSs?

Can you guide me on this please.

Thanks.

• Edited by msdnNovice Friday, June 1, 2012 10:53 AM completed the sentence.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 10:51 AM