none
Page Setup Issue - Margins Mystereously Modifed RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a report in MS Access 2010. For some of my users the margins and page layout on the report are changing causing the report to break a one page report into four pages.  This is not good. 

It happened on my computer at one point and I found that if I change from Default Printer to Use Specific Printer and specify a different printer the margins went back to the correct page set up.  If I change the Page Setup back to Default Printer after the margins returned to what I set them to the margins and page set up "fix" stuck.  Periodically, I haven't identified a pattern as to why, the margins "break".

What could be causing the page set up to just change away from what I set them to without any changes to the report.  More importantly how can I get Access to stop adjusting the print margins and page layout. 

Thank you for any insight you may have.  I have run out of ideas.

Brad C. Parris Sr. IT Manager Custom Solutions

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

I believe Access will auto-adjust the margins depending on what printer driver is used to print the report. Are you or your users printing the report to a printer other than the one you used when you designed it?

Just curious...

Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:16 PM