none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 RRS feed

• Question

• In the development server, after providing "Admin" access to Anonymous user for the respective virtual directory security settings, I'm able to populate data in MS Word.

But when I try the same in Testing server, I'm not able to generate data in MS word, and getting the following error in the server

Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

I also installed owc11.exe in the testing server, still getting same error.

Can anyone please help on this regard?

• Moved by Ego Jiang Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:04 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on this case relate to Word, I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Hi PS_Mysore,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Have you had Office installed on your server side?

You can take a look at this thread which is similar to yours.

If there's still anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:05 AM
  • In the server, We have Office 2007 installed. Still not able to create Word Object.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:30 AM