SAS Token from Access Policy working for one Azure table but not another table in the same storage account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All,

having trouble tracking down what I am doing wrong here, I have an access policy used to generate a SAS token on 1 particular table and this is working fine just using Postman to query the data in the table.

https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.table.core.windows.net/XXXinterval?si=POLICYNAME&sv=2019-02-02&sig=4n1NIVIDbR9xCxDN9WN09PHNrPy2%2FIlPxINM%2F7dj2pE%3D&tn=XXXinterval

This token works fine, I have replaced the name of the account and the name of the access policy.

https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.table.core.windows.net/YYYYinterval?si=POLICYNAME&sv=2019-02-02&sig=uYeaMziIXyF%2B5zBdHmngzXKtWvfpGIn9%2BvEAwZMrujA%3D&tn=YYYYinterval

This following token on a different table in the same storage account does not work

"Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature."

Just kind of wondering if anyone can give me some guidance as to what I have missed with this new table and
    generating the token, I literally copy and paste the different URL's into POSTMAN and one works and one does
    not.

The AccessPolicy exists and has READ permission, double checked this.

thanks

Michael

Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:46 AM

Answers

• @ Michael Pine  Can you use Azure Storage Explorer to generate the SAS and try again and let me know the status. 

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:14 AM

All replies

• @ Michael Pine  Can you use Azure Storage Explorer to generate the SAS and try again and let me know the status. 

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:14 AM
  • Hi Sumanth,

yes this works fine, so this is known issue not being able to use the Storage Explorer preview in the portal to create SAS tokens ?

Given our work environment some users cannot use Storage Explorer just means I will need to create the token for them.

thanks
    Michael

Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:18 PM