none
Storing custom PPT shapes for later use RRS feed

• Question

• What would be the best way to store a shape or a group of shape for a later use? At the moment, I am adding shapes to a "storage" presentation and insert from it. However, the saving process is somewhat time consuming (opening / closing the temp presentation part)
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Herrpuqq,

Thanks for the detail information about the scenario you are handling.

Another way we can achieve the goal is that we can story the all property of the specific shape to memory, database or file system (being saved for reusing). Then we could use this properties to recreate the shape.

Also there is a workaround to solve the performance of opening a large template presentation, we could create categories for the shapes and save different categories into different presentations.

Hope it is heplful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi herrpuqq,

As far as I know, we can use Storyboarding to sotre the custom shapes like figure below:

You can get more detail about from link below:
    Storyboard your ideas using PowerPoint

In addition, if you isues about using PowerPoint, I suggest that you get more effective response from Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro General Discussions or Community Office forum.

And if you have developing issues for Office solution, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I am sorry I forgot to mention I am looking for programatical solution, i.e. VB object.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:54 AM
  • I am not aware of a way to perform this with VBA but it can be done using VB.Net and VSTO. Here is a link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742868(v=vs.110).aspx

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry I forgot to mention I am looking for programatical solution, i.e. VB object.
    Would you mind sharing more detail about the secnario you are handling? If we want to reuse the shape that we inserted before, in my option that I will insert the shape with code. Then we can reuse the code to inser the shape rather than story shapes.

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Fei

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Would you mind sharing more detail about the secnario you are handling? If we want to reuse the 

Example use case:

1. Administrator stores standard shapes
    2. Shapes are stored
    3. User installs software and can use the predefined shapes (and add additional)

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Hi Herrpuqq,

Thanks for the detail information about the scenario you are handling.

Another way we can achieve the goal is that we can story the all property of the specific shape to memory, database or file system (being saved for reusing). Then we could use this properties to recreate the shape.

Also there is a workaround to solve the performance of opening a large template presentation, we could create categories for the shapes and save different categories into different presentations.

Hope it is heplful.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:29 AM