Too many connections RRS feed

• Question

• User-1024202203 posted

I have 2 sites running in server quite well ,suddenly both are stopped at the same time,following exception shown.I am having 6 users for one site and 16 users for second site both are having Admin and normal users.

Server Error in '/FABDB' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many connections
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Too many connections

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Too many connections]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +249
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +367
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() +89
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() +160
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +216
       FABDB.Login.YourValidationFunction(String UserName, String Password) in C:\Documents and Settings\Mahesh\Desktop\Copy (6) of FAB_DB_Site4.1.0.0\FABDB\FABDB\Login.aspx.vb:47
       FABDB.Login.Login1_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Mahesh\Desktop\Copy (6) of FAB_DB_Site4.1.0.0\FABDB\FABDB\Login.aspx.vb:21
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +101
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +166
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

Please help i am really helpless,Thanks

Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:02 AM

Answers

• User-1618234021 posted

Hi

Firs of all check your data access code. Make sure that you are closing connections immediatly you are done with it.

Secondly check the database server settings. How often this error happens and if you reset the db server or IIS then what happens? Check these cases.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:15 AM

All replies

• User-1618234021 posted

Hi

Firs of all check your data access code. Make sure that you are closing connections immediatly you are done with it.

Secondly check the database server settings. How often this error happens and if you reset the db server or IIS then what happens? Check these cases.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:15 AM
  • User-1024202203 posted

Thanks Adeel, you are absolutely correct, when i restart the IIS  i dont see this problem ,i did not close connection after dataaccess,now i did close the connection, seems every thing going good

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:08 AM