Coded UI editor give me error: "The given key was not present in the dictionary" RRS feed

• Question

• I installed feature pack 2 just for coded UI editor, now i am very frustrated with it.

I keep on getting "The given key was not present in the dictionary"

it usually happens when i generate Coded UI with existing recorded steps and then i use coded ui builder to add more steps, then when i try to open uimap.uitest, i get this error. 

Please help.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What if you unload the project that contains the uimap file by right clicking the project file in solution explorer and clicking unload the project and then again load the project file? Now if you try to open the uitest file does it open?

Thanks & Regards Siddhartha
    • Marked as answer by Tyran11 Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What if you unload the project that contains the uimap file by right clicking the project file in solution explorer and clicking unload the project and then again load the project file? Now if you try to open the uitest file does it open?

Thanks & Regards Siddhartha
    • Marked as answer by Tyran11 Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:47 AM
  • wow, nice one
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Hi

This issue comes again when I close and re-open my solution. I have again to do un-load and Load to be able to open my UI Mapes

Any suggestion to solve this issue permanently, Please

Thanks

Kishor

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

I'm in the same boat as Kishor. The fix above worked for the current VS session. Once I close and re-open. I have to remove and re-add the project. Are there any suggestions to solve this issue permanently?

Thanks!

-phil

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:41 PM
  • @Kishor Bhamu @phil

have you try to uninstall coded ui editor and reinstall? that solved the problem for for me.

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:34 PM
  • This is particularly awesome coupled with intermittent VS crashes.  Get down into the test you are debugging, realise you need to edit the UI map.  Given key is not present.  Unload project.  Reload project.  Re-open files.  Wait, where was I?  Oh, there.  Make a change.

Get down deep into the next issue.  VS crashes.  Reopen solution.  Get down into the test you are debugging, realise you need to edit the UI map.  Given key is not present.  Unload project.  Reload project.  Re-open files.  Wait, where was I?  Oh, there.  Make a change.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Can we have a real solution to this problem, please?  It's infuriating, and a major time waster, because unloading the project is not a good solution when you are deep into what you are doing, and it's not a good solution if you have to do it every time you need to use the UI editor.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:08 AM