• Question

• how to convert any video or audio file format to silverlight
    how to covert video file to binary file

how to learn visual basic.....all courses stop after  the part of beginner

how i can get the component of the language

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:11 PM

All replies

• Visual Basic is now VB.NET

Pluralsight offers a course called - VB.NET Fundamentals which can be found at the following link
    https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/vb-fundamentals

• Proposed as answer by Paras Dodhia Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:29 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by KareninstructorMVP Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:55 PM
  • You have four questions, I will address the one in the title.

There are many paths to learning any programming language and vb.net is no different. First off is what best suits the way you learn a) by seeing e.g. online courses (such as this one) b) by reading material e.g. paper or online books c) both a and b.

To become competent start with the very basics using a Console project(s) to begin learning the different types offered e.g. strings, various types of numerics and date/time types. Example, use the following page to learn what is offered with strings. While doing this use Option Strict On. Learn to work with classes rather than code modules in the beginning.

Once you have the above down pat start in (if appropriate) working with databases, keep it to console projects. The following link will be a great start.

Next up, learn to work with user interfaces be it Windows forms or WPF.

One of the worst things to do is start with a project such as "convert any video or audio format" as you will not learn and may easily be frustrated because you have not mastered the basics.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:01 PM
  • If you want to learn fundamentals of visual basic (vb.net), then check following tutorial.

https://www.tutlane.com/tutorial/vbnet

Regards

Tutlane.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:46 PM