none
Delete a project, when the OOB project server workflow is rejected using project server 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

We have requirement that, create an OOB project server 2013 workflow. when in some stage the project is rejected, the project should be deleted and should not be displayed in the project center.

Is some one implemented this type of scenaior before. please help us to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Sunitha

Monday, June 9, 2014 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunitha,

I would not suggest to delete the project but just flag it as "deleted" through an enterprise custom field. Then from "manage views", add a filter to the project center views to exclude "deleted" project. Doing this, you'll keep an history of the processus. Then on a regular basis, the Project Server admin could archive all "deleted" projects.

Then technically speaking, I'm not sure that deleting a project from a workflow is possible because it implies deleting the worfkflow's instance itself for the project. 

Plesae find below a reference for deleting projects with JSOM:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163093(v=office.15).aspx#pj15_CRUDProjectsJSOM_DeleteProjects

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, June 9, 2014 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

That will be good suggestion to set the custom field value to deleted or not. but can we acheive the same in OOB sharepoint designer workflow or do we have to write code of it.

Thanks,

Sunitha

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi,

You can definitely manage custom field values in workflows with SharePoint Designer 2013.

See references below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163494(v=office.15).aspx

http://blogs.office.com/2012/09/18/demand-management-now-with-sharepoint-designer/

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:41 PM
  • HI,

Thanks for the info.

using sharepoint designer,  if the project is rejected, i want to set a value to the project custom field as deleted. is this can be achieved in sharepoint designer?

Thanks,

Sunitha

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:32 AM
  • Hi,

I can't detailed all the steps to go through to achieve what you need. My message below gives you references and examples on how to do it. Then it needs a bit of work and tests from you.

Basically you have to use conditions (if stage is rejected) and actions (then set custom field to value).

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:09 PM
  • HI,

Thank for the info.

I created the WF as you suggested. but when i try to create a new project using an EPT to which the WF is attached, The submit button is grayed out. I restart the workflow using the option provided in the ribbon, but no use still the submit button is grayed out.

i tried creating an simple WF and attached to the EPT, created project, even for that submit button is grayed out. :(

Is any one faced the same issue and found the solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

Sunitha

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:04 AM