none
The Parameter is incorrect .net framework 4.6.1 developer pack setup failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install VS2015 and received an 0x80070057 - 'The Parameter is incorrect' error while installing .NET 4.6.1.  So I tried to install the standalone version, as some posts have suggested and received the same error.  Then i tried to run the .Net verification and detection apps to fix .NET and still get the error.  I also deleted the contents of my %TEMP% directory and still get the error.  

I don't know what else to try to fix this issue and I really need to get VS2015 installed soon.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Jamell

Monday, May 9, 2016 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Jamellac,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, could you please tell us what's your OS version? is it Windows 10 November Update version?

If so, .NET Framework is shipped with it and you don't need to install it additionally, you just need to go to Control Panel>Programs to turn on this feature.

Refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Here are some common install tips of .NET Framework installation:
    ·         Turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software during installation
    ·         Install the latest Windows updates from the Windows Update site
    ·         Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation. (and don't forget to turn it on later)
    ·         If the installation fails, you can collect the setup log file and analyze them.

You can follow below steps to collect log files:
    1.       Try to go to your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >>Run >> Type "%temp%).
    2.       Manually filter the .net framework logs from "%temp%" folder .
    Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/   and share the link here.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:18 AM