none
ESSO Fails after BizTalk 2013 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• After installing and configuring BizTalk 2013 on Windows 2008R2 with SQL Server 2012, I have noticed the following error log entries in the Event Viewer

Failed to load \Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSOPSServer.dll

Error code: 0x8007007E, The specified module could not be found.

I have checked that SSOPSServer.dll file indeed does not exist on my system. I tried to repair the ESSO installation to no avail.

Could anyone suggest what could be wrong?

Thank you,

--Vlad

Vladimir Kirnishni

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers

• I did get a reply back from Microsoft Support that this error is benign or harmless and that you can ignore it. It is due to some changes to the event logging in BizTalk 2013.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• That is odd, I will send this to the Microsoft support team. I have not yet retested on a clean VM with the final 2013 release yet.

I looked up information on the 0x8007007E. Maybe try copying the file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ or C:\Windows\assembly (to GAC it)? I am trying to get some better advice for this.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:34 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I cannot copy that file or GAC it. It does not exist on my VM after clean installation and configuration.

Thank you,

--Vlad

Vladimir Kirnishni

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Vlad,

Interesting. Maybe this was just something on the VM previously.

Thanks,

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:11 PM
  • I don't think so. I have installed everything on a freshly built VM based on Windows Server 2008R2 with Service Pack 1.

I used the same base image to install and configure BizTalk 2010 before and had no issues whatsoever.

Thank you,

--Vlad

Vladimir Kirnishni

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:46 PM
  • I did get a reply back from Microsoft Support that this error is benign or harmless and that you can ignore it. It is due to some changes to the event logging in BizTalk 2013.

Thanks,

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Just faced this problem too.

I don't think it's good idea to ignore warnings.

So, I've checked, file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSOPSServer.dll" is really doesn't exist. I've searched thru the redistributable contents and have found it in "\BT Server\Platform\SSO64\Files". I've copied this assembly from the redist to the folder, where EntSSO in installed "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On", and have restarted "Enterprise Single Sign-On Service" service. Now the warning is gone.

nya-nya!

• Edited by xeonya Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:00 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Binu Perumal John Friday, November 21, 2014 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:56 PM
  • Just for information.

I also get the error and as the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSOPSServer.dll" already exists I will have to live with the error I suppose.

/Morten

Friday, August 29, 2014 7:57 AM
  • I too have noticed the error after configuring BizTalk 2013 on Windows 2008R2 with SQL 2012.

It appears that the missing DLL is for password sync service. 

The error disappeared after restoring the DLL file from redist folder as 'xeonya' suggested in this forum.

Thanks,

Binu

Binu Perumal John

Friday, November 21, 2014 1:34 AM
  • Thank you good sir, solved my issue
    Monday, May 4, 2015 9:13 PM
  • Had same issue with BT2013+SQLSERVER2012 configuration. Fixed the issue as MS advised:

Resolution
    This error is harmless and can be ignored. In order to prevent this error from continuing to occur, copy the SSOPSServer.dll file from the original installation media into the \Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On folder on the computer. For 64-bit installations of SSO, use the SSOPSServer.dll file from \Platforms\SSO64\Files on the installation media. For 32-bit installations of SSO, use the file from \Platforms\SSO\Fxiles.

MaxR

Friday, February 10, 2017 7:43 PM