Sync outlook tasks or calendar items to third party application developed for windows phone 7.5 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Guys,

I'm trying to develop a task application, similar to to-do's for windows phone. I wanted to sync outlook tasks or appointments into my local application database and perform two-way sync between data in my application and one in outlook. tasks added in my application should also be seen in outlook and vice-versa. I also wanted to provide option to add additional accounts for sync.

on my search i found periodic and resource intensive background agents should be used to perform some kind of sync's. i wanted to know which is the best to use.

Is there any Api available to retrieve and update data from outlook or any other account (windows phone supports only Exchange Active Sync Accounts ? ) .

Is there any source code or samples on how to provide this functionality. on my search i was able to just find how to retrieve appointment objects in Msdn samples. Also why only Active Sync accounts are supported.

I'm not able to have a clear picture on the sequence of sync and steps to be followed. Restrictions with background agents also need to be taken into consideration.

It would be helpful if you provide me some Enough information on the same.

Thanks and Regards....
    Friday, April 6, 2012 3:59 AM

All replies

• Is there any Api available to retrieve and update data from outlook or any other account (windows phone supports only Exchange Active Sync Accounts ? ) .
    No.
    Friday, April 6, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

But there are few applications in windows phone marketplace performing synchronization with microsoft outlook and office 365. If  no api is present,then how is it possible for them to implement synchronization.
    for ex: Tasks app in wp7 marketplace.
    Friday, April 20, 2012 10:56 AM