The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Why is Azure AD Custom Domain verification failing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to test Azure AD with multiple domains and am having issues verifying one of the 3 domains I'm trying to use.

Over 24 hours ago I started trying to verify my domain.  The TXT and MX records are set and have propagated to the internet (Verified independently with DNS resolvers).  Two other domains I own, one at the same domain registrar (Godaddy.com) successfully verified within minutes, but these domains are fairly new and unlikely to have been used with any Microsoft-related services in the past

Can someone please assist me with finding out why this domain cannot be verified?  The experience others have had lead me to believe that somehow my domain was once verified for a Microsoft service.

Would it be possible to please open a support case to verify whether it's a technical failure or that the domain was already claimed for another service?  I am on a free trial so do not have full support and cannot directly open a ticket

thanks,

James.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:30 AM

All replies

• Could you give us the name of your custom domain that you are not able to verify ?
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:05 PM
  • Hi Neelesh,

I'd be glad to share it directly rather than in a public forum.  I don't suppose there's a direct-message feature in MSDN?

Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:00 PM
  • Hi James,

Please send below details to AzCommunity@microsoft.com with below details - 

Azure Subscription ID:
    Azure AD Tenant ID:
    Domain Name:
    This MSDN Thread URL for reference: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c5fad07-ac67-47ea-a838-2bf6c1e1828a/why-is-azure-ad-custom-domain-verification-failing?forum=WindowsAzureAD

We will work with you through email channel. Thanks.

Mohit Garg

Friday, September 21, 2018 5:21 PM
  • Thank you!
    Friday, September 21, 2018 6:38 PM