none
Outlook Appointment Schedule RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, this is my first post here. I am trying to create a custom appointment scheduling windows application using VB.net that is setup like the appointment scheduling in outlook. Is there a control that I can use that will help me, or can anyone offer me any advice as to how to achieve this? Basically, the main aspect of the outlook appointment scheduler I can't seem to figure out how to set up is getting the day view like the one in outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help which you can provide me.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:22 AM

Answers

• Dynamic_Array,

If the appointment scheduling application will interface with outlook calendars, then I would strongly (strongly) urge you to create the application as an Add-in inside of Outlook using our sensational tools.

If you still want to roll your own VB.NET app to duplicate the Outlook experience, you can automate aspects of Outlook in your app through the OM. You will want to focus particularly ont he Free/Busy aspects of the CDO/MAPI data. Good times. There is no slick control to wrap it all up for you. Outlook is not built to be exposed as a toolkit in that way.

Again, if you are targeting Outlook calendars anyway, just make it an add-in and your world gets simpler: fast.

It is also helpful to remember that this forum is mainly for issues that directly pertain to the Visual Studio Tools for Office tools per se. So you will be best served by posing this question to a forum or newsgroup wholly dedicated to application-specific issues such as yours. Below, you will find resources you should consult for best results.

Outlook (consolidated uber list)
    http://blogs.msdn.com/johnrdurant/archive/2005/12/07/vsto_outlook_resourcelist.aspx

Go VSTO!

John.

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:10 PM

All replies

• Dynamic_Array,

If the appointment scheduling application will interface with outlook calendars, then I would strongly (strongly) urge you to create the application as an Add-in inside of Outlook using our sensational tools.

If you still want to roll your own VB.NET app to duplicate the Outlook experience, you can automate aspects of Outlook in your app through the OM. You will want to focus particularly ont he Free/Busy aspects of the CDO/MAPI data. Good times. There is no slick control to wrap it all up for you. Outlook is not built to be exposed as a toolkit in that way.

Again, if you are targeting Outlook calendars anyway, just make it an add-in and your world gets simpler: fast.

It is also helpful to remember that this forum is mainly for issues that directly pertain to the Visual Studio Tools for Office tools per se. So you will be best served by posing this question to a forum or newsgroup wholly dedicated to application-specific issues such as yours. Below, you will find resources you should consult for best results.

Outlook (consolidated uber list)
    http://blogs.msdn.com/johnrdurant/archive/2005/12/07/vsto_outlook_resourcelist.aspx

Go VSTO!

John.

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:10 PM
  •  

i am looking for a schedule componant for a clinic software to create patient's appointment and working schedule for the doctors which should work with SQL Server 2005..

is it available from Microsoft?

what do you suggesst?

Saturday, December 23, 2006 1:45 PM