Converting Trial based app to IAP app RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a windows 10 UWP app listed in store which is a "Paid" app with "Trial never Expires"

Some users have already purchased my app

I now want to convert my app to a "Free" app with a new "IAP" (add-on) - Durable IAP Forever - which will unlock all features of the app that's not available in "free" version - effectively IAP will make the app full version (or paid version)

How can I ensure that users who have already bought my app (when it was initially listed as Trial based app) doesn't have to purchase the new IAP ?

Regards
    Prajwal

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:40 AM

Answers

• How can I ensure that users who have already bought my app (when it was initially listed as Trial based app) doesn't have to purchase the new IAP ?

Hi Prajwal,

When you update your app to free version, you can use Windows Store collection API to query for apps owned by a given user.

Please follow Query for products to scope your query to your app. Then you need to modify your code to make the user who's ever owned your app can access your IAP feature while other users will see the button to buy your IAP product to unlock those features.

For more information, you might refer to View and grant products from a service.

If you have any difficulty during your coding extension, please feel free to post your question at our technical forum.

If it's helpful, you might "Mark it as answer" so that other community can know how to deal with this issue more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:24 AM