none
Set-Mailbox mailbox1 -PrimarySmtpAddress Email2@MyDomain.com behavior RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

The behavior I have seen using Set-Mailbox mailbox1 -PrimarySmtpAddress Email2@MyDomain.com is that this cmdlet adds this new email address as the primary SMTP address however it retains previous email ID as well instead of replacing.

i.e.

Lets assume, I have a mailbox mailbox1 and it's PrimarySmtpAddress is Email1@MyDomain.com. I execute Set-Mailbox mailbox1 -PrimarySmtpAddress Email2@MyDomain.com, now mailbox1 will have 2 email addresses Email1@MyDomain.com and Email2@MyDomain.com, however Email2@MyDomain.com will be PrimarySmtpAddress, why is this behavior ? Ideally it should have removed Email1@MyDomain.com and kept only Email2@MyDomain.com right ?

Is the behavior I am seeing correct ? If not what am I missing ?

/M

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:08 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure whether it's correct, or not, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me. Try using -EmailAddresses instead. Note that you can't use -PrimarySmtpAddress and -EmailAddresses at the same time.

blog.leederbyshire.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:25 PM
  • yup - I can use EmailAddresses instead (not both at the same time) but this behavior does not seem to be correct...

could not find more information as well... :(

/M

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:06 PM
  • I can tell you that mine does exactly the same as yours. Whether it's correct, or not, is anybody's guess :-) Who knows what they were thinking of when they coded the cmdlet?

blog.leederbyshire.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:59 PM