none
outlook getAsync method return always null in compose mode on mobile browsers RRS feed

• Question

• Hey , I try to use my add-in on mobile browsers . I success to see my add-in and to use him .
    I success to set text on compose mode with setAsync method , but I not success to get the text with getAsync method . no matter what I try with correction Type and many another things it's return null in the value of the call back response...

On read mode I success to use getAsync and to get the correct text from my message...

So I think maybe I have a problem on my add-in so I create one that just take the text with getAsync but it's always return null on mobile. in computer everything is OK..

Example -- on computer OK on mobile always null!(show alerts just alert it on my html page)

Office.context.mailbox.item.body.getAsync(
                  "text",
                  { asyncContext: "This is passed to the callback" },
                  function callback(result) {
                      // Do something with the result 

if (result.value == null)
                          showAlerts("this is null");
                      else
                          showAlerts(result.value);

});

Maybe it's bug? maybe I do something wrong ?

Thank you all.

• Edited by ADD-IN123456 Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:12 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I could reproduce your issue.

It works fine on computer but returns null in compose mode on mobile browsers.

I suggest you submit a feedback on Office Developer Platform UserVoice page:

https://officespdev.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Thanks , they working to fix this bug or something ? because to submit feedback not helping ):
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

If the issue is urgent, due to the limitation of the community support channel, I will suggest you contact the Microsoft professional support.

Please visit the link below to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs.  

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug, the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 5:13 AM
  • This should be resolved now - it seems to be working fine when I try it in my outlook.com account. Are you running this against Office365 or on-premises Exchange? Which version if latter?

Alert sent from MSDN

Friday, August 18, 2017 9:51 PM