none
No Storage Account Found RRS feed

• Question

I moved my mobile service to app service this morning. I am trying to configure my logging. The storage account exists but when I ask the logs to go to blob storage, it says it sees no existing storage account. I'm not trying to access if from a different subscription. I want to access the storage in the same subscription.

Thanks

@AzureSupport

Saturday, June 25, 2016 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Dani,

Thank you for using the Microsoft Azure forums!

Could you let us know how you are trying to configure logging? Also, is the logging being configured for the storage account or is it being configured for the app service?

Incase you are using any code then I request you to paste the code here (removing any subscription related details) so that we may get to know this better. This will help us understand if we need to look at the storage account issue or the app service itself.

Will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Loydon

Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:22 AM
  • This is my question, as posted on Twitter. I am in the new portal, configuring the settings for the app service. When I choose Diagnostics Logs, Application Logging (Blob), ON, Verbose, Storage Settings, it says "No storage account found." but my subscription has an existing storage account that I wish to use.
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:40 PM
  • Hello Cyndie,

Thank you for reverting.

For a Storage account to be available for the Diagnostics you need to make sure that the Storage Account and the App Service plan are located in the same region. For instance if while creating the App Service the Service Plan is located in South Central US then you will have to create a Storage Account in South Central US in the Resource group in which the App Service resides.

Therefore, if you have created the App Service in South Central US in the Resource group named XYZ then you need to create a Storage Account in the region South Central US and add it to the existing resource group XYZ.

To create a new Storage account in the resource manager portal go to All Resources > Storage Accounts > Enter the details with the correct details and same region as the App Service plan.

This should help you out. Do let me know if you need any further guidance.

Regards,

Loydon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

• Edited by Loydon Mendonca Monday, June 27, 2016 9:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Cynnbad Monday, June 27, 2016 11:51 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Is there a way to move an existing storage account from one region to another without affecting its data or the access to it?
    Monday, June 27, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft TechNet.

Here you find all the information about Mobile Apps in Azure :

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/services/app-service/mobile/

And here you find Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer : http://storageexplorer.com/

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Best Regards,

@Jamesvandenberg
    ---------------------------------------------
    (Ps. If this information is helpful, please mark your question as answered for the community.)

Monday, June 27, 2016 10:52 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for reverting!

Unfortunately it is not possible to move an existing storage account to another region. If you want the same unique name of the existing storage while creating a new account then you will have to delete the existing storage account and then create the new storage account with the same DNS name in the desired region.

The best option for you in this case is to:

1- Copy the contents of your current storage account using AzCopy.

2- Create a new storage account in the desired region.

3- Transfer the data to the new account using the backup taken using AzCopy.

Make sure you note the region of the Service Plan of your Web App before you start the above process.

If you want to check out other options apart from AzCopy then please go through the below link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8582145/copying-storage-data-from-one-azure-account-to-another.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Loydon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:34 AM