Drillthrough Report shows no data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to get a drillthrough report working in Visual Web Developer Express 2005, using the Report Viewer.  I have created a report that is the parent report.  I have created the report that is the report that is being "drilled to".  There are no parameters for the report that is being "drilled to".  I set the Jump to Report to the "drill to" report in the parent report.  I added the listed code to the Load and Drillthrough events in the ParentReport.aspx.vb file.  When I run the ParentReport.aspx.vb file the data appears fine.  When I click on one of the values that sends me to the "drill to" report, the report header appears and there is no data.  I have tested the "drill to" report directly and the data appears.  So, there is nothing wrong with the "drill to" report.  Can someone please help me?

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

'Add a handler for drillthrough.

AddHandler ReportViewer1.Drillthrough, AddressOf DrillthroughEventHandler

End Sub

Public Sub DrillthroughEventHandler(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DrillthroughEventArgs)

Dim localReport = e.Report

'prepare report data source

Dim rds As ReportDataSource = New ReportDataSource()

Dim dsReport As New BirthdayDataSet

rds.Name = "BirthdayDataSet_HoursTable"

rds.Value = dsReport.Tables(0)

localReport.DataSources.Clear()

localReport.DataSources.Add(rds)

End Sub

Thanks,

Friday, March 2, 2007 4:56 PM