Bad gateway error (502) RRS feed

• Question

• Facing badgateway error while I am copying a file from one site (SharePoint) to a different site collection(SharePoint site)

Where as all paths/filenames are correct, getting below error code and message

Status (502)

The file or folder name \"https://XYZ.sharepoint.com/sites/XYZ/DropOffLibrary\" contains invalid characters. Please use a different name. Common invalid characters include the following: # % * : < > ? / 

Monday, July 9, 2018 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Krishna

As Wagner said, Copy file action copies files within the same Sharepoint site so the Destination File Path refers to a relative path that's still on the first Sharepoint you specified which is why you're receiving that error message. In order to copy files between 2 different Sharepoint sites, you may need something like the below:

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Krishna,

Did you try to have just /DropOffLibrary/TestDoc.docx? I think the destination path is the relative path of the file, just like the source is the relative path of a file. I can try that once I get to the office.

Cheers, Wagner.

Monday, July 9, 2018 6:36 PM
  • Hi Krishna

As Wagner said, Copy file action copies files within the same Sharepoint site so the Destination File Path refers to a relative path that's still on the first Sharepoint you specified which is why you're receiving that error message. In order to copy files between 2 different Sharepoint sites, you may need something like the below:

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:18 PM