none
Access to Azure Table Storage using Excel

Question

• Hi,

I have stored some data in Azure Table storage. Now I want to give access to these tables to my partners. To access these tables using Excel PowerQuery I need an access key.

I only have my primary and secondary access key.  I want to create an read only access key.

Is there an example online how to create one?

Best regards,

Lothar

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:18 AM

Answers

• Using SAS isn't possible in Excel Power Query (from what I can tell). As an alternative, you can give read-only access to the Excel document. This forum might also be able to help if you ask your question there. Hopefully this helps.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Lothar,

Shared Access Signatures (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ee395415.aspx) are available for the Blob, Table, and Queue services and allow for granting read-only access to storage resources.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

I'm using Azure Management Studio to create a Shared Access Signature. The result is something like

sig=7kaDZXa52BRjx9N3TrIYiXWPu%2FPou%2FFfgwTtEyyQVws%3D

How can I convert this string into a string that can be used by Excel PowerQuery?

Best regards

Lothar

Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:07 PM
  • Using SAS isn't possible in Excel Power Query (from what I can tell). As an alternative, you can give read-only access to the Excel document. This forum might also be able to help if you ask your question there. Hopefully this helps.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 2:07 AM