none
Biztalk 2016 EDI Receive Pipeline Error - query. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has anyone had an issue with the following setup:

A party with 1 business profile sending 810 documents to a party with multiple business profiles
    The "many business profiles" are all using the same ISA 06/08 identifiers; different GS 02/03 identifiers
    There are batches setup for each of the "many business profiles"; subscribing by unique receive port to the message

The initial conversion from a Flat File to the EDI X12 810 format is successful. 
    When the receive port subsequently picks up the message for batching, the following error is thrown:

An output message of the component "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.Shared" in receive pipeline "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" is suspended due to the following error: 
         query.
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 1. 

The only time this occurs on the EDI Receive Pipeline is when the message is being picked up for batching when there are multiple business profiles using the same ISA 06/08 ID.  (Same setup on a 1-Party to 1-Business Profile works perfectly)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matt

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:56 PM

All replies

• You can have one trading partner (unique receiver/sender) eg with multiple accounts, but not multiple trading partners with duplicate receiver/sender

/Peter

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:34 PM
  • What I am trying to do is send 810s to customers via a portal (think Ariba).  The receiver/sender IDs are the same across all of the customers on that portal, but the GS03 is unique for each customer.

I can generate an individual 810 document fine.  The posted error only happens when I try to submit the messages to the built-in EDI batching orchestration.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:21 PM
  • Sorry, this is a bit confusing.  You're receiving EDI to be batched?  Where does the Flat File come in?

Can you describe the process Step 1, Step 2, Step 3...

Different GS02's shouldn't be a problem.  But you can't have the same FG type in an Interchange...I'm pretty sure this is an X12 rule.  For clarity, I can't remember why I know this.

Meaning, you'd have to have a Batch setup for each GS03 value.  Presumable, you would use the same GS02.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:42 PM
  • Use a proxy partner, trading partner (interchange receiver / ISA) is receiving the documents on behalf of your application receiver / GS

/Peter

Friday, June 29, 2018 6:31 AM
  • Step 1 - Receive XML invoice from ERP system
    Step 2 - Process into 810 document via BizTalk; 1 per file
    Step 3 - Pickup individual 810s via EDIReceive and process into a batch orchestration
    Step 4 - Drop Batch Control Release message to generate batched documents

It is a similar setup to http://geekswithblogs.net/bosuch/archive/2012/02/16/biztalk-2010-edi-batching-tutorial.aspx

The only time I have an issue with this setup is when I am trying to create batches for customers that are serviced via a Portal.  To send these invoices, the ISA5-8 are the same for each customer but the GS03 is different.

Does this make more sense?

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:56 PM
  • Yes.  If I'm remembering correctly, your problem is that duplicate GS01 values are not allowed within a single Interchange (ISA).

But to have different GS03 values means repeating GS/GE.

You will have to create a separate Batch for each unique receiver based on ISA08 and GS03.

This is not a problem with you, your app or BizTalk Server.  It's just how X12 is defined.

Friday, July 6, 2018 1:35 PM