none
Setting Up Office Task For Serial Approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The workflow I'm working on is a custom workflow created in Visual Studio, not SharePoint OOB Approval Workflow.  I'm using officeTask activity to create approval tasks.  Further, I'm building an XML string to define assignees (just like it's done in the SampleProposal2 workflow - FormatApprovers function).

<my:AssignmentType>Parallel</my:AssignmentType>

works as expected, i.e. creates all tasks at the same time, and first one to approve/reject "wins".  But when I change it to 

<my:AssignmentType>Serial</my:AssignmentType>

it creates only one task for the first approver in the list and then after approval/rejection of this initial task, the task process is completed, i.e. it never moves on to the next approver.

What am I doing wrong here?  Or is serial approval only possible for OOB Sharepoint workflows?

Thank you,
    Ilya

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:04 AM

All replies

• Ok, after speaking with the business person, what we actually want it parallel approval, i.e. all tasks created at once, but without "first one wins" situation, we want the task process to be completed when everyone approves.

How do I get rid off "first one wins" scenario???  I keep reading excerpts online that you can configure a task process in any way, 50% of approvers approve, all approvers, one approver, etc.  Is this not possible with Project Server Workflow Tasks?

I'm using PSWApprovalTask content type when creating these tasks.  Please help if you have any input at all, this is importnat!

Thank you,
    Ilya

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:07 PM